There may be times when your webcam needs to be offline or offline unexpectedly. Instead of your viewers seeing a blank player, you can preset an offline replacer, such as an image, video, or latest timelapse recording.
To add an offline replacer for your camera, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to your profile at https://clients.ozolio.com/login/
- Open CAMERAS and find the camera you wish to configure.
- Open 'Actions' (link in the right column):
- Scroll down and expand the 'Edit media channel' section.
- Please ensure the 'Media Channel' is enabled by selecting the box.
- Press "ADD FEED."
In the opened feed settings panel:
- Check the 'Feed Enabled' checkbox.
- Enter the 'Feed Name' (the name will be used in Dashboard UI only).
- Click the 'Feed Type' drop-down menu and select 'Show this feed when the camera is offline.
- Click the 'Content-Type' drop-down menu and select one supported type of content.
- Depending on the 'Content-Type' that you've selected:
- Press 'SELECT IMAGE' to select an existing file or upload a new one.
IMPORTANT: 'Image' feeds accept JPEG and PNG image files only.
- Enter the 'Click URL' if you wish to redirect your viewers to another web page when they click on the image.
- Press 'SELECT VIDEO' to select an existing file or upload a new one.
IMPORTANT: 'Video' feeds accept only MPEG-4 (MP4) video files with h264 video encoding and AAC audio encoding. The current size limit for the video file is 5 GB.
- Optionally, enter "Display Name" and "Description" that will appear under the video.
- Enter the 'Click URL' if you wish to redirect your viewers to another web page when they click on the video.
- Latest Timelapse Record
- It is strongly recommended to enter "Display Name" and "Description" that will appear under timelapse.
- Enter the 'Click URL' if you wish to redirect your viewers to another web page when they click on the timelapse.
- Live Camera Feed
- Click the 'Select Camera' drop-down menu and select another camera.
- Scroll down and press 'SAVE CHANGES.'
For more information about scheduling a media activity, please review the following article:
For more information about Media Channel configuration, please review the following article:
If you have completed the procedure above and still do not see a feed content, please contact email@example.com.