You may not want to always have your live feed accessible 24/7, during the dark times of your webcam or a specific event that may be private. It's easy to replace your live feed with other content like an image, video, or latest timelapse recording.
To replace the live camera feed with other content, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to your profile at clients.ozolio.com/login/
- Open CAMERAS and find the camera you wish to configure.
- Open 'ACTIONS' (link in the right column):
- Scroll down and expand the 'Edit media channel' section.
- Please ensure the 'Media Channel' is enabled by selecting the box.
- Press "ADD FEED".
In the opened feed setting panel:
- Check the 'Feed Enabled' checkbox.
- Enter the 'Feed Name' (the name will be used in Dashboard UI only).
- Click the 'Feed Type' drop-down menu and select 'Replace the main feed with this feed.'
- Click the 'Content-Type' drop-down menu and select one supported type of content.
- Depending on the 'Content-Type' that you've selected:
- Press 'SELECT IMAGE' to select an existing file or upload a new one.
IMPORTANT: 'Image' feeds accept JPEG and PNG image files only.
- Enter the 'Click URL' if you wish to redirect your viewers to another web page when they click on the image.
- Press 'SELECT VIDEO' to select an existing file or upload a new one.
IMPORTANT: 'Video' feeds accept only MPEG-4 (MP4) video files with h264 video encoding and AAC audio encoding. The current size limit for the video file is 5 GB.
- Optionally, enter "Display Name" and "Description" that will appear under the video.
- Enter the 'Click URL' if you wish to redirect your viewers to another web page when they click on the video.
- Latest Timelapse Record
- It is strongly recommended to enter 'Display Name' and 'Description' to appear under the timelapse.
- Enter the 'Click URL' if you wish to redirect your viewers to another web page when they click on the timelapse.
- Live Camera Feed
- Click the 'Select Camera' drop-down menu and select another camera.
- Scroll down and press 'SAVE CHANGES'.
For more information about scheduling a media activity, please review the following article:
For more information about Media Channel configuration, please review the following article:
If you have completed the procedure above and still do not see a feed content, please contact email@example.com.