What is a camera preset?
A camera preset allows you to create a set of locations where your camera can focus. This is a great feature for customers who do not want their viewers to have unlimited control of the camera. A preset list will display as a dropdown in the top right corner. (example model used: AXIS M5525-E PTZ)
Creating a camera preset
Note: The instructions below to create a new preset are specific to an Axis camera and are shown as an example only. The camera instructions will vary for each camera so you can refer to your camera's install guide for camera-specific instructions. (example model used: AXIS M5525-E PTZ)
- Login to the backend of the camera following the model's specific guide.
- In the camera backend, click “Settings” in the menu bar at the bottom right of your screen.
- Click on the “PTZ” tab option.
- Use the digital joystick and zoom of the camera to create preset positions.
- Once the camera is set on the area of focus, click on “+”.
- Enter a name for the new preset position, and click "Save."
- You can set a “Home” preset, the position the camera will return to when it becomes inactive, by clicking on the toggle the “Home position”. The home position is preset with (H) after the preset name.
Please contact us if you have any questions or need more information.