This article explains how to publish a temporary Live Event on Facebook.
Before publishing a live stream on Facebook for the first time:
- Check the 'Event Publishing' prerequisites and requirements.
- If you want to publish a Live Event on a Facebook Page you manage, make sure the Facebook Page meets all Facebook requirements:
- If your Facebook page is listed as a Business Page, the page should be verified.
- Make sure you have at least an 'Editor' role on the page.
Create a new Facebook Publisher:
IMPORTANT: You do not need to create a new publisher every time you want to publish a live event. Any publisher created can be reused in the future.
- Log in to your profile at https://clients.ozolio.com/login/
- Open the 'PUBLISHERS' tab (link at the top of the page).
- Click 'Add Publisher' (blue link on the right of the screen).
- In the 'Publisher Name', give the publisher a name.
- In the 'Default Provider', select 'Facebook.'
- In the 'Default Camera', select the camera you want to publish.
- Click 'Add Publisher', then "Close".
Start your Live Broadcast:
- In the list of PUBLISHERS, locate your publisher and click 'START BROADCAST'.
- Select 'Facebook', optionally select another camera, and click 'NEXT'.
- On the next dialog, enter the broadcast details and click 'CONTINUE WITH FACEBOOK'.
IMPORTANT: Any Facebook Live Broadcast is time-limited (8 hours max). After the time limit, the broadcast will automatically stop and Facebook will replace it with the recorded video.
- Facebook will verify your credentials and bring you to the next dialog.
- On the next dialog, select a broadcast target and click "GO LIVE".
If you did not succeed with the method above, please see "Troubleshooting of Facebook Live problems."