This article explains how to publish a temporary Live Event on YouTube. If you want to create a persistent broadcast, please learn how to create a persistent broadcast on YouTube using YouTube Studio and a general-purpose Ozolio Publisher.
Before publishing a live content on YouTube for the first time:
- Check the 'Event Publishing' prerequisites and requirements.
- Make sure the 'Live Streaming' feature is enabled on your YouTube channel.
Add a new YouTube Publisher:
IMPORTANT: You do not need to create a new publisher every time you want to publish a live event. Any publisher created can be reused in the future.
- Log in to your profile at https://clients.ozolio.com/login/
- Open the 'PUBLISHERS' tab (link at the top of the page).
- Click 'Add Publisher' (blue link on the right of the screen).
- In the 'Publisher Name', give the publisher a name.
- In the 'Default Provider', select 'YouTube'.
- In the 'Default Camera', select the camera you want to publish.
- Click 'Add Publisher', then "Close".
Start your Live Broadcast:
- In the list of PUBLISHERS, locate your publisher and click 'Start Broadcast'.
- Select 'YouTube', optionally select another camera, and click 'NEXT'.
- Enter the broadcast title, description, and time limit.
IMPORTANT: Any YouTube Live Broadcast is time-limited (8 hours max). After the time limit, the broadcast will automatically stop and YouTube will replace it with the recorded video.
- After you have verified your broadcast details, click 'CONTINUE WITH YOUTUBE'.
- Open your YouTube Channel or YouTube URL and verify your Live Event has been published.
If you did not succeed with the method above, please contact email@example.com